Unit 1: From Revolution to Constitution
National Standards Alignments
for Teaching United States History:
Era 3: Revolution and the New Nation
National Standards Alignments in Historical
- Chronological thinking
- Historical comprehension
- Historical analysis and interpretation
- Historical research capabilities
- Historical issues-analysis and decision-making
Grade Levels: 512
- To match the names of selected eighteenth-century
statesmen in the exhibition with their portraits and
to understand the significant contributions made by
- To examine the causes of the American Revolution,
to understand the strengths and weaknesses of each side,
and to explain the reasons for the American victory.
- To understand the purpose and to evaluate the accomplishments
of the Continental Congress and the Constitutional Convention.
- To examine the fundamental aspects of the American
political system established by the Constitution and
the Bill of Rights.